As President-Elect Trump starts to shape his cabinet and his leadership, one of the main topics on the mind of many leaders is the economy. Here is a rundown of 5 great articles that detail how new economic policies may alter the economic future of both individuals and businesses.
1. Fortune contributor Jeremy Quittner’s article discusses how Trump’s economic agenda may affect small businesses. He discusses how health care, tax reform, immigration and trade agreements could change how the economy looks over the coming years.
2. Although somewhat similar to the aforementioned article, Rob Berger’s Forbes article goes into much more detail. Berger expands the scope of his article to look at policies such as childcare, corporate taxes, the national debt and a myriad of other topics.
3. As one of the most populous countries in the world, India offers a myriad of resources to foreign businesses and investors. Satyam Sharma’s article in the Economic Times describes what the business relationship between India and America may look like in the foreseeable future.
4. Despite America’s recent issues it still remains an international superpower. As such, anytime the country has massive policy changes it ultimately affects the rest of the world. In Larry Elliot’s article for The Guardian he describes how Trump’s presidency may alter “the already fragile world economy”. While this is not the most optimistic view of the global economy, it is certainly becoming a popular theory.
5. While Elliot’s article certainly has a negative take on Trump’s economic policies, there are others who disagree. Matthew Wisner’s Foxbusiness article discusses how Trump’s election is a huge boost for small business owners. He believes that Trump’s appointment will create more profitability which ultimately will lead to the success of many new small businesses.