24 Aug 5 Friyays: August 24
Hello, everyone! I (Dr. Donnelly) am, once again, not in Philly HQ this week because I travel an absolutely obscene amount at the moment. My life is largely about travel sized toiletries and iPhone apps at the moment, so I thought I’d share a few of my favorites!
- Blinkist: This app is clutch these days for me. It’s an app full of summaries of non-fiction books so that you can learn what you need to know from the newest non-fiction releases, without the time commitment of entire books. I read super fast, but I haven’t even touched the surface of what I want to read. It’s a subscription based app, so it takes a bit of cash money, but it’s worth it for me.
- Last Pass: Do you wish your passwords were stronger but hate remembering them all? Then you need Last Pass. Connecting with all browsers on tablets, desktops, and phones, Last Pass not only remembers all your passwords in an encrypted vault, but will generate ones for you to keep things extra secure.
- Evernote: Y’all, Evernote saves my life. The best document, thought, and note organization tool there is. I keep everything in this thing and cannot recommend it highly enough. I organize everything by tags so I can avoid folders, and can scan things from my phone (receipts, for example) or type from my computer (detailed ideas about our next client proposal, for example) and it’s all in one place! Magic!
- Marco Polo: This is a video walkie-talkie app that I use about 400 times a day. It’s secure, and has the ability to create groups. I use it socially – I have a big group of girl friends that we all are on one chat – but I can imagine it would be great for other groups and teams.
- The Skimm: This daily newsletter and app are favorites of The Good Doctors. We love the sassy summaries and well researched notes. I get a few daily round-ups in my inbox and this is the one I’d never delete.
What apps or sites do you head to? Got any recommendations for us?! Dr. Hinson will be back next week with our last summertime Friyays (whaaaaat?!).